Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lion King Broadway

I finally managed to catch the Lion King Broadway! I remembered the gang of us from Michigan tried catching it 2 years ago but were disappointed when we found out that the tickets were too expensive. Before this, I've heard raving reviews about the props and costumes even though the story was more suitable for children. But I certainly didn't regret watching it! haha its one of those things that you have to do in life..haha at least for me. =)

After watching it, I can certainly understand why kids would love it. The costumes were really colourful and traditional and the props were both intriguing and interesting. The energy and enthusiasm displayed on stage by the cast could be felt from where I was sitting..haha which was the third row from the back. Even though I was so far back, I had a pretty good view of everything. Thanks Kinfoong for getting the tickets for me!

Hope you had a great first Broadway watching experience because I certainly enjoyed myself. and please forget about the mineral water..haha..no matter how ridiculous and exorbitant it sounds to you..lol.. here are some pictures!



The prop for the antelops galloping across the stage


The costume for Scar


Mufasa head as seen in the dream scene for Simba


The beautiful lights of Times Square taken from outside the auditorium


Us taking a picture with Mufasa's head


and yes of course..how can I forget Mr. Peanut!

I love Broadways! I shall think of the next show that I want to watch. =)

No comments: