Sunday, October 01, 2006

Life is wonderful when you have fun people to hang out with and interesting things to do....

Its been a really hectic week! but nonetheless, its rather enjoyable :) Pictures and hopefully videos would be coming soon but here's roughly what I did for the week.

1) Completing my 4 HWs that are all due next week! Need to get them done before I have time to meet my Dage and Dasao in New York! Yippee! My first family members to visit me in the US..Its good to study in New York. =) Can't wait to see them...

2) Went to watch Jamie Cullum last night at Roseland Ballroom! Its the best concert I have seen so far..I have never ever seen such a talented musician who can play soooo many different instruments in soooo many different styles. Like how he "played" the piano and use the piano surface like a drum and sang a song doing it. His hands must have hurt after that. The interesting SAMBA music that got the whole audience dancing. His funny and weird stage antics that kept the audience light hearted and laughing. His wonderful wonderful wonderful and did i say WONDEFUL? voice that resonated throughout the ballroom.. He sounded better than his cd at times. His engagement of the audience to participate in his songs. I really loved his concert and performance. His band is also very talented and cool too. Photos would be coming once I get them from Louis and Constance. Thanks for asking me to watch the concert Louis! remember to ask me out more often.. I am free every two weeks..haha and you know why. Hope I can get the videos and photos from Constance soon. I cant wait!

3) A terrific potluck today at my place! haha or should I say a hh,kp and cg cook while the rest buy from restaurants and supermarket dinner. :) just kidding..it was just wonderful to have everyone squeeze in my room.. It was amazing how many people can fit into my room..here's the list of people who came:kwangpeng,xt,changge,tianhui,liching,suling,edward,jan,zhonglei, niko, andre,kin foong,valerie and meng joo plus me! Thats a total of 15 people! amazing..haha.. it was nice seeing everyone chatting and having a good time together. hope everyone had fun! I need to get the photos from liching and edward. I need more photos of my time here in columbia! There was so much food left over.haha i think my meals for the next 2 days are settled. Some interesting events that happened include changge disastrous adventure in my kitchen, discovery of edward's weakness, jan's soggy biscuits?which I still have no idea what it is about..someone should tell me..and many more other conversations topics that I did not manage to participate in.

Hmmm, maybe if I clean up the living room, I might be able to invite more people over next time.. Maybe we should have a steamboat! what do you guys think? heh..i love gatherings..its just so nice and cosy..reminds me of my days in michigan. miss all you peeps whom i have spent so much time with in michigan..on a brighter note: MICHIGAN has reclaimed the BROWN Jug! Good Job Wolverines!

Current time is 3:48 am..why am I still awake? Is it because of work? yes..been doing corporate econs and continuous time asset pricing. Is it because you have been chatting? yes..haha with changge and ferine..ferine is going to bring me to the best indo restaurant that she knows in New York..haha she cannot forget to bring me because I just blog this for everyone to see..haha..and we might be going to Soho to shop when she is up for the challenge. lol.. i shall jio suling and gang to come too.. shopping in soho..i saw some interesting shops that i might like..i need to find more money somewhere..how i wish someone gives me a big red packet now..hahaha..

Currently feeling satisfied and happy..loving new york very much at this moment.. because of the new friends that I have met here and the many activities that i can do..ok bedtime is here..goodnight everyone and sweet dreams :)

No comments: