Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back in Business!

Hello WORLD! I am finally done with midterms and resuming my normal lifestyle which actually means no more URIS library for the coming week, no more sleeping at 5 am and waking up at 9 am, no more readings, no more sad weekend nights spent studying and no more stress!...at least for the time being... :)

So here's whats lined up in my rejuvenated social life:

1) Halloween party this week! - time to go find a costume or figure out what I am going to dress up as..don't have any inspirations yet..time is running out.. any suggestions guys? There are actually quite a number of parties happening.. there's the IEOR department Halloween party on Thursday, I think there's pre- Halloween party this weekend at the clubs too and the Halloween parade that is taking place next week somewhere in downtown New York..Heard the parade is really good..shall go and take lotsa pictures! so stay posted!

2) Going drinking with my classmates! - got to settle a time and place to go for this one..haha, everyone is settling into their groups of friends and feeling lazy to mix around..I think I should take the initiative and try to get something going. Would love to know the rest of the people that I have yet to know very well in class.. Shall ask Nandini and gang where they might be want to go.

3) Off to Flushing this Sunday! - For those who don't know New York that well, Flushing is the real chinatown of New York.. All you see there are Asians! its not like the Chinatown in Manhattan,New York where you see lots of tourists walking around.haha..I guess Flushing is more authentic and has a more Asian feeling to it. Gonna go there to do some grocery shopping, enjoy some good Chinese food and sing KTV with my classmates. Looking forward to it, gonna be fun to just chill and relax..

4) Election Weekend! - A trip to Boston and Maine! the fine details are still in the works but the rough skeleton of the trip is out. Gonna have lots of nice seafood..yummy yummy!hmm maybe i can catch some crabs while I am in Maine too. haha..Hope its not too cold though and hope I might be able to catch some of the remaining Fall colors! Its times like this that I miss the scenery in Michigan. Maybe I should grab a book and sit by the sea to read and drink tea if its not too cold.. Just want a nice tranquil break from the hustle and bustle of the New York citylife. Take some time off to reflect on my life and plan my future goals... :)

5) Plan for my Snowboarding trip to Vermont! - Yay! I am finally going snowboarding again..haha and back to the first place where I first learnt snowboarding.. think it will be very nostalgic..had some nice memories there. oh well! :) Anyway, what started of as a casual plan between me and xt has spiralled to a really massive trip! lol..BUT I love company! the more the merrier.. think there are about 15 - 20 people interested now.. and yes, my first travelling trip with many of my friends in New York..haha and dear Andre would be there too :) yo bro, we are gonna take so many pictures on the slopes and show them to Smubbies! they will be so jealous..heh.. I am just hoping there are enough experienced drivers around and everyone would go there and have fun and get back safely :) Really hope everyone enjoy themselves when they are there! So dear sky above, if you are listening to me right now.. Please have a heavy snow storm by then and welcome us!

6) Nets Versus Heats Basketball game! - woohoo..gonna watch my first basketball game in New York! All thanks to my da jie - Liching who is a member of the fan club and bought the tickets for us. Hope its gonna be a great game..haha xt please dun jinx the match..if its a low scoring game..i am gonna kill u!

haha, my brain is too tired to think of what else I have lined up.. Hope that was a nice update for all my dear friends out there.. Let you know that I am still alive and running.."haha I sound like a machine" All I need now is a good rest and nice catch ups with my friends whom I have not had the time to talk to for the past 2 weeks.

OH, that reminds me! I would like to congratulate Limin on getting her Visa approved! Now she can finally fly off to Darwin and start working! Although I seldom say it, I am so proud of her :) Remember my discounted hotel rooms for my honey moon and holidays next time yah. Go show those Aussies what Singaporeans can do!

Current mood : Tired but happy :)

No comments: