Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Boy was it WICKED!

I have finally done what I should have done half a year ago and that is to catch the highly acclaimed musical "WICKED". It is definitely the best musical that I have watched in my life. The wonderful singing and acting coupled with the colorful and intricately designed sets and costumes totally blew me away. The beautiful backgrounds and costumes are still deeply ingrained in my mind right now. The special effects and lightings were timed to perfection. Last but not least, the script was very well written and engaging. I felt very well entertained for the 3 hours that I was glued to the seat. haha, and did I mention that I had excellent seats? I was just 8 rows away from the stage and I could see each and every character's expression and gaze sooooo clearly! The story had such a twist to the original Wizard of OZ that it was very refreshing and interesting too. =) You can see that I am full of praise for this musical..heh.. so anyone out there who hasn't watched this terrific musical. MARK MY WORDS! YOU MUST WATCH WICKED!
I shouldn't disclose the story so as not to spoil the fun for many of you but I must say that I love Glinda and Elphaba. They were totally into their characters and were capable of making you believe that such a world actually existed.

"Its not lying. Its looking at things a different way."
- Elphaba & Fiyero
That line actually makes perfect sense in life. Most of the time it is just a difference in perspective and understanding. So before you start an argument with someone in the future, do ensure that both of you are on the same page. :)
Nothing much has been going on in my life. Just completing some last minute errands before fall semesterl starts. I will be flying back to New York City on 3 September. Seems like it is going to be a long and challenging semester ahead. But I am happy to enjoy the company of my friends once again. Its kind of like enjoying New York city the way you see it on Sex and the City. Having american breakfast in some small cafe, walking down Fifth Avenue to see lots of shoppers, discussing life issues with friends over a meal.. Stuff like that..=)
Big Apple, here I come!

No comments: